The Arc Jacksonville Village – It’s all about choice!
The Arc Jacksonville Village is an affordable, innovative, apartment-style independent living option for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Residents sign their own leases (some may require a guarantor), determine the type and level of independent living/employment services, define their own lifestyle and make their own decisions. The Arc Jacksonville Village facilitates and supports the pursuit of all persons to have options for integration and inclusion in the greater community and to be in charge of their life.
The Arc Jacksonville Village offers a safe community where the expectation is for residents to create a life outside of the community grounds and provided services and activities. The Arc Jacksonville Village is not designed to provide 24/7 supervision and/or care, control friendships and relationships, dictate lifestyle decision-making or restrict eating and wellness habits.
Living at The Arc Jacksonville Village
The Arc Jacksonville Village is currently at capacity. Applications are being accepted to be placed on the waitlist. Two-bedroom units, to be shared with a roommate are more readily available.
If you would like to apply, please review the information below and then complete The Arc Jacksonville Village Interest Questionnaire. Once fully completed and submitted, a needs assessment interview will be scheduled to determine eligibility. If deemed eligible, you will be notified to complete the resident application. If you are unsure if you have previously completed this questionnaire, please email email@example.com.
The Arc Jacksonville Village Housing Eligibility:
- At least 18 years of age
- Background screening
- Annual combined income, which includes benefits, earned income and investment income cannot exceed $27,300
- Monthly resources sufficient to pay rent, utilities, food, independent living expenses, etc.
- Have a co-signer on lease if determined combined benefits and earned income are less than $1,100 per month
- Does not engage in illegal drug use or criminal behaviors
The Arc Jacksonville Village Criteria:
- Identified sources of payment for expanded services and supports (i.e. Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Medicaid Waiver, Vocational Rehabilitation or private pay)
- Participate in assessment to determine level of supports needed
- Able to live independently in an apartment setting without significant staff supervision and assistance
- Aware of basic safety issues and capable of seeking help
- Socially compatible – ability to engage in Village and community activities with acceptable behavior
- Motivated to participate in community employment, volunteerism or community programs
- Confident in making decisions and expressing preferences, including the choice of an apartment-mate
- Handy at keeping living quarters orderly, preparing simple meals and maintaining personal grooming
Residents will choose a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment or share a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment. Each resident will be responsible for furnishing and decorating their home as they like within the lease guidelines.
Of the units, 25% are completely ADA compliant. The remaining units are wheelchair accessible. Two apartments are occupied by staff available for assistance and emergencies during evening and night hours.
The Arc Jacksonville Village features a community center with a great room, game and fitness rooms, theater, activity and meeting rooms, computer lab, mailboxes and a dining hall. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available through the community center and pool area. Additionally, a swimming pool, picnic area and recreational amenities are on site for residents to enjoy. The community center was built according to hurricane evacuation standards for resident use during a weather emergency.