The Arc Jacksonville Village is currently accepting applications for two-bedroom units, to be shared with a roommate. If you would like to be apply or be placed on the waitlist, please submit a Future Resident Survey by clicking here. Once submitted, the needs assessment interview will be scheduled to determine service eligibility. If approved for services, you will be notified to to take the next step to be placed on the wait list. If you are unsure if you have previously completed this survey, please contact Denise Torres at email@example.com or call 904.358.1200 to find out.
The Arc Jacksonville Village Housing Eligibility:
The Arc Jacksonville Village LTD has contracted with Royal American Management Company to be responsible for the management of apartment operations, including, but not limited to, apartment leasing, maintenance, and low income eligibility.
- At least 18 years of age
- Background screening
- Annual combined income, which includes benefits, earned income and investment income cannot exceed $27,300
- Monthly resources sufficient to pay rent, utilities, food, independent living expenses, etc.
- Have a co-signer on lease if determined combined benefits and earned income are less than $1,100 per month
- Does not engage in illegal drug use or criminal behaviors
The Arc Jacksonville Village Criteria:
- Identified sources of payment for expanded services and supports (i.e. Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Medicaid Waiver, Vocational Rehabilitation or private pay)
- Participate in assessment to determine level of supports needed
- Able to live independently in an apartment setting without significant staff supervision and assistance
- Aware of basic safety issues and capable of seeking help
- Socially compatible – ability to engage in Village and community activities with acceptable behavior
- Motivated to participate in community employment, volunteerism or community programs
- Confident in making decisions and expressing preferences, including the choice of an apartment-rate
- Handy at keeping living quarters orderly, preparing simple meals and maintaining personal grooming
Notification of Eligibility
Notification of application availability will be sent via email to those who have completed the Future Resident Survey, the Needs Assessment interview AND have been notified of eligibility. Those who have not completed these steps, and have been notified of eligibility, will not receive notification of application availability.
- The needs assessment process includes an interview with the prospective resident and their natural supports to determine eligibility and service needs. Prospective Residents will be contacted to schedule the interview. Only prospective residents who have completed the Future Resident Survey will be contacted. Click here to complete the Future Resident Survey. If you are unsure if you have previously completed this survey, please contact Denise Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904.358.1200 to find out.
Official Rental Application
Eligible residents who have completed the needs assessment process will be contacted to submit an application for future residency. At this time, The Arc Jacksonville Village is at capacity and and the submission of an application places the resident on the waitlist. As apartments become available, eligible residents will be contacted in the order their application was received.
After the prospective resident’s application is accepted, they will undergo service coordination. A support plan/APD service agreement is required and will accompany each individual’s lease. The cost associated with this plan is in addition to rent. Service agreements are a required component of the lease.
Once moved into The Arc Jacksonville Village, all residents will go through an extensive training on the rules and regulations of The Arc Jacksonville Village, apartment appliances and features, how to access on-site amenities and trainings on various aspects of independent living, such as safety, transportation, emergency response and more.
Rules & Regulations
The Arc Jacksonville Village, and its residents, must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by low-income housing, their service contract and the Resident Association. Residents will be expected to follow the guidelines established for visitation, sanitation and safety. Noise ordinances must be followed and illegal drug use, criminal behavior and public intoxication will not be allowed. Additionally, pets, with the exception of service animals, will not be allowed.
Each apartment unit will be rented under a legal agreement (lease) by the individual receiving services and/or guardian co-signer, and the individual has, at minimum, the same responsibilities and protections from eviction that tenants have under the landlord laws of Florida. Nonpayment for rent and/or utilities, criminal behavior and/or arrests, uninhabitable living environment and violating the terms of the lease may result in eviction.
For residents with Medicaid Waiver, documentation from the individual’s support coordinator will be needed to confirm that services are in place.