The Arc – Advocacy, Support and Knowledge (A.S.K.)…
Just ASK…The Arc Jacksonville will help.
ASK was created to help individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) gain the information, training and support needed to achieve improved self-sufficiency, independence and well-being. Individuals with I/DD, their families and their circles of support can find answers to issues that arise throughout the life span.
- ASK is also the place to find circles of support and begin to understand the journey for persons with I/DD.
- ASK works in the community to expand awareness, increase opportunity, promote partnership and eliminate barriers for individuals with disabilities.
- ASK promotes partnerships between families and schools to help them make a difference in a child’s life.
- ASK collaborates with others in the community to ensure that training, workshops and conferences are provided that address the needs of individuals with I/DD, their families and those that work with them.
- ASK helps individuals with I/DD and their families develop an improved understanding of how to access, participate in and influence the design and policies of the systems and organizations that serve them.
The DD Shoptalk Group is a great opportunity to exchange information and to share social activities that are happening in the greater Jacksonville area that would be of interest to individuals with I/DD. The DD Shoptalk group site contains an interactive community calendar and is an exchange forum for people interested in I/DD happenings in the Jacksonville area.
Click here if you are interested in joining the DD Shoptalk group.
The ASK program operates this listserve to connect families, professionals and individuals with disabilities with information about workshops, training, conferences, public hearings, legislative alerts and other disability related alerts that impact Northeast Florida.
Click here if you are interested in joining the ASK listserve.