High School High Tech
The Arc Jacksonville’s High School High Tech (HSHT) program encourages students to explore careers in STEM fields – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Funded by The Able Trust, High School High Tech prepares students between the ages of 14 and 22, of varying abilities, for post-secondary education and community employment in STEM fields.
Educational opportunities are provided through volunteer events, keynote speakers and internships, providing students the skills and hands-on experience to be ready to take their next step.
High School High Tech
= Fun • Friends • Food • Prizes
Through High School High Tech you will explore the many exciting educational and career opportunities available after high school while learning leadership, communication and tech skills. Students also have the opportunity to attend a five-day Youth Leadership Forum in Tallahassee where they will meet other HSHT students from across the state.
HSHT participants explore college and other post-secondary opportunities through
- Campus Tours
- College speakers
- Application Assistance
HSHT participants are able to build their skills and learn about the many opportunities available through
- Career workshops
- Industry tours
- Community service projects
HSHT participants are able to take part in internships and volunteer opportunities that build the skills and experience that prepare them for employment after high school and/or college.
Volunteer/Employment Opportunities have included
- Alive Credit Union
- Jacksonville Zoo
- Football Fanatics
- St. Augustine State Park
- Jumbo Shrimp
High School High Tech is offered at:
- A. Phillip Randolph Academies of Technology
- Greenwood School
- Orange Park High School (See You at the Top)
- PACE School for Girls
- St. Johns Technical High School
Interested in starting a chapter??
Contact Susan Hamilton at email@example.com or 904.355.0155
Business Advisory Council
The HSHT program has an active Business Advisory Council (BAC) of local community volunteers who provide leadership, opportunities for industry tours, speakers and internships.
- Alicia Somers – Regions Bank
- Alex Costas – Firehouse Subs
- David Gleeson – Jax Sharks
- Rose Gunter – Alive Credit Union
- Deborah Thompson – Deborah K. Thompson, Consultants
- Ashley Folladori – JAX Chamber
- Dr. Elana Schrader – Florida Blue
- Jennifer Wilburn – Florida Blue
- Jesse Peck – Peck Bulgin Wealth Management – Raymond James
- Dr. José Nieto – Borland Groover
- Patricia Sams- JEA
- Dr. Johnny Gaffney – City of Jacksonville
- Sonya Nelson – Comcast
- Tom Dumphy – CSX
- Victor Cora – Univision