In response to the recent outbreak of COVID-19, more commonly referred to as the Coronavirus, The Arc Jacksonville is adhering to protocols and recommendations for prevention and reaction outlined by The Center for Disease Control (CDC), which can be found here. We are continually monitoring updates from the CDC and receiving guidance from State and Local officials and our service affiliates.
The Arc Jacksonville’s adult day training programs and mental health services are closed until further notice.
For the safety of the individuals we serve and our employees, we ask that you do not visit our facilities if you, or someone you have been in contact with, have recently traveled internationally, taken a cruise, or are experiencing, a cough, shortness of breath or a fever in the last 72 hours.
We know this is a challenging time and many of you are looking for ways to help. We remain committed to our mission and continue to serve individuals throughout our five community homes and at The Arc Jacksonville Village. We are also providing supported employment, telemental health services and our Advocacy department is a resource to individuals and their families. We are grateful to donors who partner with us so we can continue much needed programs and services. If you would like to make a donation to support The Arc Jacksonville, click here.
We continue to remain close until we feel it is safe to reopen. At this time, we anticipate re-opening in early July. Please continue to check our website and social media for updates.
- Daily temperature readings, distancing and wearing a mask will be important aspects of our reopening. Please make sure you have masks for your personal use and are comfortable wearing them.
- When we reopen, all locations of The Arc Jacksonville will be smoke-free. This includes our Downtown, Westside and Community Home locations as well as On Campus Transition and The Arc Jacksonville Village.
We hope you and your family are doing well during these times. If you know someone with an intellectual and developmental difference who is struggling, please connect with us so they can receive the support they need. We can provide support through one-on-one sessions, small groups and family support groups. Our Mental Health team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 904.355.0155.
The 22nd Annual Family Cafe will be a virtual event held in June! The virtual 22nd Annual Family Cafe will kick off on Friday, June 5th and will span over two weeks. Live content will be streamed through their Facebook page at facebook.com/TheFamilyCafeFL twice daily at 11 AM ET and 2 PM ET between Friday, June 5th and Friday, June 19th, with the exception of Sunday the 7th and Sunday the 14th. This virtual content will include a number of live streamed breakout sessions, which will allow for moderated Q&A. All three of our scheduled Keynote speakers will be part of the agenda, and the virtual event will also include The Annual Governor’s Summit on Disabilities with content provided by Gov. DeSantis and Senate President Bill Galvano. Over the two weeks, The Family Cafe will also be posting content from partners including the Florida Disabled Outdoors Association, Pyramid Players, and others that usually take part in The Annual Family Cafe. For more information and to register, go to: https://familycafe.net/the-annual-family-cafe
Due to the continuing situation, we will not re-open our adult day training programs on March 30 as previously planned. These programs will remain closed until further notice.
The safety and well-being of our program participants and members of our staff drives every decision we have made, and will make, as we continue forward on these uncharted waters.
Please stay staff and check our website and social media regularly for updates.
The Arc Jacksonville\’s adult day training programs and mental health services will be closed until March 30th. This includes PSR, Strive, SOAR and Triumph Industries. Club Arc West will be closed through March and Club Arc East will only be open to Village residents.
If the decision is made to be closed for an additional period of time, we will post that information on this site.
The Village Community Center will be closed to all visitors and volunteers through March 31st. Families are encouraged to take their residents home during this time as an additional safety precaution; however, The Center and the staff will be operating under normal business hours.
If you would like to receive email communications with updates, please click here to provide your information.
Our offices are currently closed for a scheduled staff training day. We will be making a decision today on how we will proceed for the upcoming weeks.
We have implemented the following protocols:
- Non-essential personnel and visitors will only enter the building when it is necessary and will be screened with a questionnaire provided and mandated by state officials
- Restrooms will only be used by clients receiving services and staff members
- Only clients receiving services and staff members providing services are permitted in service areas
- All offsite activities and functions are suspended until further notice
- Lunch prepared and provided on Wednesdays is suspended
- All buildings will continue to be deep cleaned regularly
- Club Arc West has been canceled for the month of March
- Day Programs
- Day program and services will continue to operate as usual
- Off-site activities have been suspended
- On Campus Transition
- In observance of the University of North Florida’s temporary closure of face-to-face classes, students should return to campus on April 6th.
- Community-based outings have been canceled
- Xplore will host on-site workshops and trainings in place of community outings at The Arc Jacksonville Village
- The Arc Jacksonville Village
- All Village Tours have been canceled
- Club Arc East is only open to Village Residents
- 3/13/20 Email to Village Families